Monday, October 21, 2013

Two Weeks Already Gone

Oie Meu familia e meu amigos:

This week has been a crazy week. We have just been going a million miles an hour, and I tell you what, if humidity hasn't already killed someone, then I am going to be the first. Ha ha. It is so humid here, it is crazy. And with humidity comes sweating and with sweating comes chaffing and chaffing stinks really bad! Ha ha.

So pretty much we have district meeting every Tuesday and we have to take a bus 2 hours to the church that our district meets at and then 2 hours back and these buses are just loaded with people everywhere. It just stinks and I just get sick so bad like standing up for 2 hours on a bus that is going like a million miles an hour. It's pretty crazy, ha ha. But, that's okay. I will get used to it. But, the LANGUAGE, I still don't know it and it still sucks trying to communicate with people, but oh well. I'm just taking it one step at a time. I'll get it down sooner or later.

Now this last Tuesday was amazing! I got to go on divisions with the zone leaders. So I got to stay over night with Elder Doggett in his area - and it was awesome!! He speaks English so it was good to finally get to communicate with someone like 100% ha ha. But it was a hard day, too. New missionaries go on divisions to learn things and so he was having me like street contact all day and then he would help me and like fix things that I needed to fix. Just things like that, but it was a super fun time and we actually taught this girl and she just got baptized on Sunday, right after my first baptism :)! I didn't send a picture because me and Elder Teixeira both forgot our cameras and the kid that took the pictures still hasn't sent them to us. But, anyways, it was awesome!!

Now before I came to Brazil, I got told that I wouldn't see the stars for two years, and that's about the biggest fib I have ever heard in my life. It rains here so much that the sky is just so clear and the stars are the most amazing things I have ever seen in my life. It's just like you can reach up in the sky and grab them - it's amazing!! Every night just makes my day because I can look up and see the millions and millions of stars that there are!! I love it.

So this week I found out like the nastiest thing ever. So the toilets here in Brazil just suck. So there is this trash can in front of the toilet and I told Elder Teixeira that I was going to move it because it is so annoying and he told me that I couldn't. The trash is there because in Brazil you don't throw the toilet paper in the toilet, you throw it in the trash. I was wondering why our dang bathroom always stinks! Ha ha.

Now for the best part - this week WAS MY FIRST BAPTISM OF MY MISSION!! We talked to Heilo earlier this week about being baptized and he is like I want to wait until next week about being baptized. Then I bore my testimony to him about the importance of baptism, and I don't know if he understood me or what, but he showed up to church on Sunday and said that he wanted to be baptized!! So that was awesome!

Then after the baptism, we ate at Manuell's house for a celebration for Heilo, and for dessert they whipped this thing out of the fridge that looks like ice cream cake, and I'm like ohhh yeaaa! And they slap a huge piece on my plate. I take a bite of it and almost puke. Ha ha. It's like a delicacy around here - it's a bunch of different cheese clumps with chocolate on top. Yea, and I had to finish the whole thing. It was like the most brutal 10 minutes of my life trying to finish that. Ha ha.

But, anyways, we also had 2 investigators come to church with us which was awesome because they got to see the baptism too. And afterwards, this 12 year old kid, Juliane, that I was sitting by during the baptism says something that I couldn't understand. So I asked him if he liked the baptism and then he says, "Elder Blake. I will be baptized by you." And it was awesome because I understood every single word! It was amazing!!

But, anyways, this week has been an awesome week and I hope that all of y'all have an amazing week!! I love all of you!! Have an amazing and blessed week!!

Love,
Elder Blake

The weather here is crazy! Ha ha. It's pretty wild.
I love it though - ever second of every thing!!


I made French toast and eggs for breakfast! I wanted a little America back in my life :) and it was amazing!! And yea, that is also homemade syrup. You would be proud, momma :)! (Yes, I am!)

I'm on top of the world!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man that kid is awesome and so dang funny. I love reading his e-mails. The stars thing cracked me up because it was so random but also something that I would totally notice too, and the toilet thing is just nasty, ewww! And he is just so positive about it all, the gross food, the long bus rides, and I know he gets car sick, so I'm sure he is struggling with that, but you wouldn't know it because he has such a great attitude. Love that kid!

    ReplyDelete