Monday, October 28, 2013

Week 15!

 
Dear Family:
 
Well this week has been a crazy week. It's been good because I baptized and I have been talking with people. But at the same time, my companion and I are not getting along all that great. I called Elder Iorg, the zone leader that was on his last transfer and he wanted to do exchanges with me, so I went to his area. And Elder Dogget came to my area with Elder Teixeira. It was so good and such a relief. I was talking to him and he said that most of the Elders have not gotten along with Elder Teixeira. On a mission you have to let yourself go and give your all to the Lord. There is no room for selfishness or pride.
 
Just an example of what he does. Like we were in a lesson the other day, and he never includes me and he tries to force people into things and stuff instead of let them make their own decisions. But I am finally starting to understand the language and this girl asks me a question. I understood every word she said, so I tried to answer her back. He puts his hand on my back and says, "Shhh." I was so upset. But, I am trying to get along with him.
 
So in my studies this week, I came across a quote by President Hinckley and he says, "You obligation is as serious in your sphere of responsibility as is my obligation in my sphere." That's an amazing quote. Like straight up, I love it. Like he is saying that us as people of the church and as missionaries have as much responsibility to bring people to Christ as he does. It's a hard task.
 
I tell you what, missionary work is the hardest thing that I have ever done in my life, but we can all do it. And it's definitely the most rewarding, I'll tell you that much. This mission by no means is easy whatsoever, but it's okay because it's so, so, so rewarding!
 
Ha ha. So funny story. Brasil knows how to party. We went to this State Activity on Saturday and I went with Elder Iorg. It's called "gathering of the nations" and is what they do is every ward in the stake picks a nation and they tell about it. Then the girls sing and dance the dance of the nation and then the boys do and then they do it together. It is so legit. Like straight up, I wish we had activities like that at home. Ha ha. Like every member of the church is gathered there too and all of our investigators and everything! And they just love it. Ha ha. It was so awesome. During the activity, the sisters walk in, and I shake their hands. I look at this girl's hand that I am shaking and she looks so familiar. And then she starts screaming and freaking out! And then I realize that it is Sister Green from my MTC district. Ha ha. It was awesome.
 
So my baptisms this week were amazing. Other than I messed up and had to do it 2 times. It's okay though because I have been in Brasil for three weeks now and I already have three baptisms :)! And the member that took pictures last week still hasn't sent me them, but I have attached pictures of the baptisms from this week.
 
But pretty much, that is my week. I hope that all of y'all just have an amazing week. This church is true. And I love my mission. I will see y'all in 21 months! Until then, God be with you til we meet again :)!
 
Love,
Elder Blake
 
Oh ya, my projects. These are the two that after the baptism last week said they would be baptized and they aske me to do it :)!


We went into the heart of the city (Sao Paulo) and it was amazing and it was so big, too. It was super crazy! I loved it!!
 

3 comments:

  1. He looks soooo good and every time I read his e-mails I want to cry.....yes I am a big baby! Love and miss him. So glad he his finally understanding the language! And hopefully his companion grows up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so not surprised that those kids love him. It is so funny to see them trying to copy his hand gestures. Sounds like the language is coming good, and he will have the patience needed to get along with his companion, and that will make him a better person all around. Can't believe he already has 3 baptisms - there are missionaries that go their whole mission without a baptism. You can tell they are a humble people, ready to embrace the Gospel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He sounds great! I wouldn't let the companion thing bother you. It's most likely a cultural difference. Brazilians can be overly blunt with no filter. He'll learn to love him.

    ReplyDelete