Monday, September 30, 2013

Week 11

Dear Family:

Talk about a crazy week. So we will start with last Monday. We were at a lesson until about 9:15ish and the person that we were teaching lived down in the Ghetto. So we got out of our lesson super late and it was dark. We were riding our bikes home, and all of a sudden this car stops next to us and says, "Hey." So we stop and they stop. Then the passenger gets out and pulls a gun on me. (Did he really just say that - I am FREAKING OUT!)

Then they all get out and they're like, "What are y'all doing around here." And we were like, "We are just missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and we just got done teaching some people and we're on our way home." They're like, "That don't matter. Are y'all buying dope?" And we were like, "No. We are representatives of Jesus Christ." Then they said, "Well, y'all better get out of here and not come back or some crazy stuff might happen to y'all."

So we took off out of there. It was a super sketchy experience. I mean I felt the spirit was there protecting me (thank goodness for everyone that prays for him and all the missionaries), but at the same time, I thought that I was going to die. It was creepy but, everything is fine now (really, because I don't think my heart has started again yet). We are just staying away from there (I sure hope so).

So this week has been super dead/weird week. All of our appointments have been falling through and it's been pouring every single day this week. And, oh it's just been crazy. So we decided to go out and go tracting. We weren't getting anything. Out of a whole entire day of knocking, we got like 4 blessings and only one new investigator. So this week has been pretty DEAD!!

We have had an investigator named Fred and him and Ann are like the only two progressing in the small town of Jackson. So we decided to go through the area book and just restart and make a whole new power list and everything, because nothing has seemed to be working. So, hopefully next week will be better.

Hope y'all down in Blanding are good. I miss Blanding and I pretty much can't wait till transfers. This area is tough and just hard to deal with as my first area because there is really like nothing happening. But anyways, I know that I didn't have much to say this week, but I hope that y'all are doing good. And just know that I love you guys. You're all amazing. Keep up the good work!! Y'all have a good week.

Love,
Elder Blake

This is Ann Owens. She is amazing. She knows the gospel is true, but she is just waiting for that ahh haa moment that everyone thinks they get. But, she will realize sooner or later that this is for her. And I know that she will soon be baptized. She is the best.
 
So I wanted Elder Barraclough to take some pictures of me in one of my new shirts and this is what we got. Ha ha. I'm still the same 'Ol DB, ha ha. And I'm pretty sure that I always will be :)!


 
Charis sent me a package this week and it had a tie in it and it has a scripture on it.
Ha ha. I wore it to church and everyone wanted it. She is the Best.
 
 
P.S. Thank you so much for the shoes and the packages and everything. I love everything that you sent me. The shirts are awesome and the shoes are awesome. And I just love all of it.
 
P.S.S. Tell everyone thanks for the packages and letters. I don't have a lot of time to email everyone individually, but tell them thanks for me and to keep it up. Hearing from everyone keeps me going. I love you all!!!

2 comments:

  1. Seriously......a gun.....oh no big deal mom.....uhhhh really! That is so dang scary! Wow! Well I hope they really don't go back to that place and I hope people keep praying for our missionaries because I know it helps. So glad he is ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness!! A gun?! I would be freaking out if I were you.

    ReplyDelete