Monday, September 9, 2013

Week 8


Dear Family :)

Well pretty much this week sucked and we had almost every appointment fall through on us. Ya, Erin has started ditching out on us now and it's super annoying. We have been working our butts off and sweating our butts off and it seems like nothing is going our way. We go tracting and just get doors slammed on our faces. People won't even let us pray with them and they are just jerks about it too. Like we go up to doors and we're just super sweaty and we just have people laugh at us. Like I had a guy hit me on the shoulder and then he got his hand all wet and then he just started laughing and said good luck. Ya, it sure seems like everything has been going bad this week.

We have like no investigators down here. It's a recent white washed area so there is like nothing and we have to search for everything. Even the less active families are not welcoming us - minus a couple of cool ones that love us.

But anyways, we ate at a less active family's house last night and they feed us some pig. Like the whole pig was cooked, then they pulled meet off of it and cut it up and then pretty much stuck it in the oven with a bunch of grease. This food just don't agree with me down here. I woke up this morning at 2 and I felt like I was just getting stabbed in the stomach. It was horrible. So I went to the bathroom and started puking and everything. It wasn't good and I still feel like crap.

I've had a headache all week, but it's probably because I am learning so much. But it's fine, I'll pull through it. It just sucks being sick and having to walk around all day. But, anyways, I think that my stomach is starting to have a problem with milk, like Grandpa's. It just don't agree with me anymore. Like eating cereal or having a glass of it with my sammitch (yes, that is how he spelled it) or anything. It sucks. You should see what milk grandpa uses and I'm going to try some of it and see if it works.

But, anyways enough with the negative and more with the positive. There's another week down and only a lot left. Ha ha. But at least I'm still going. Me and Elder Barraclough get along good, most of the time. Ha. But I have to do all of the cleaning. I don't think he likes to. Ha ha.

But umm, we have a few good investigators. Tim and his wife and 9 kids. They're all black. And Kelvin, he's black. And Fred, he's black. And Erin, she's black. Ha ha. We only have one person that we visit that is white and that is James. He has tattoos and piercings everywhere, but we did set a baptismal date for him. But, he hasn't been there the last few times we have tried to talk to him.

So about the packages and stuff. I thought you had already sent one. I was super excited. I've been waiting for packages and letters all week (man, I feel way guilty now!). But ya, you have to send everything to the office because who knows when I will get my visa and that way I can guarantee getting it. But just anything and everything sounds good. Just send whatever you want. I just want something from home. It's been too long! (I wish I could go to Georgia and cook him meals for a week!)

I want some more pictures, too. Try and find one of me and dad to send me, like one with his tattoos showing because that is super good help to show people that my dad is a great LDS dad and he has tattoos. Like a lot of people around here are just like super afraid and everything because they have tattoos or something like that. So it's good to show people things like that, just as long as dad don't care though. Make sure it's okay with him. But just anything is good. I'll take anything. Ha ha. I'm sending you a package home of some stuff that I want to keep safe, like to go in my Book of Remembrance or whatever.

But, anyways, is there a warranty on these shoes that we bought because they are already coming apart. The red ones that you sent me are already ruined to where I can't even wear them anymore. The bottom fell apart and just crumbled pretty much. And then the black ones that I just got at Mr. Mac, like the soles are coming apart from the shoe. It's not good like when it rains, my feet just get soaked.

But anyways, I'm pumped up for Jordan. That is so awesome that he is starting. I am so excited for him. And I'm excited that dad's work started back up again. That's amazing. But anyways, I hope y'all are doing good. I am going to know 2 languages when I get back - southern ghetto and Portuguese. Ha ha. Anyways, I love all of you and you are all amazing. Let everyone know that I love them and that they are the best!!!

Send me a picture of the baby bump! I really wanna see it! Ha ha :)

Make sure and tell everyone thanks for everything!!

I LOVE ALL OF YOU!!
Elder Blake

P.S. Sorry I didn't have much to say this week. Hopefully next week I will have more. Ha. Love ya.

P.S.S. So riding down a hill on Wednesday my bike pedal fell off and so we have been walking all week. On Friday I bet we probably walked at least 15-20 miles - no joke! We walked to an appointment on one side of the town then to the other. And as you can tell, I'm still not used to the humidity!


Talk about weird. I ain't never seen a Second Baptist Church,
only First Baptist churches. And the sign kills me.


I fulfilled my life-long dream and learned how to do a Rubik's cube. Ha ha.
 
 
I had to buy this backpack, and it's already super sweaty.
That thing is a life savor because without that i would already be dead.
 
And yes, this is what I eat. I hate having to make my own food.
There is never anything to eat.
 
And then here is drawings of the whites and the blacks.
Ha ha. I'm a pretty good artist, aren't I?

1 comment:

  1. Oh man it is so hard to read about their struggles.....it seriously tears me up.....I hate it. But I LOVE reading his e-mails and he still makes me laugh!

    ReplyDelete