Monday, September 16, 2013

Week 9

I had to include something I drew.
 
Dear The Best Family EVER (including Charis)!!!
 
Y'all are the best. So I am freaking out. Ever sense I read that my Visa is done, I have just been so excited/nervous. Ha ha. It just don't feel right to be leaving already, but I can't wait. I am "Muito Nervoso" though. Ha ha.
 
But anyways, thanks for that fasting, momma. I also fasted for my visa, although it wasn't a 24 hour fast and that's not the only thing I fasted for. It still means a lot that everyone has been remembering me in their prayers, because I have definitely felt it this week. I have received so much revelation and have had so many good experiences this week, I just don't even know what to say. It's super crazy how good this week has been.
 
So on Tuesday I went on exchanges and spent a couple days up in Stockbridge with Elder Cotton (the District Leader). He isn't able to drive so I got to drive around Atlanta for a couple of days which was super nice. While I was there, I learned so much and was so humbled. I just had so many humbling experiences last week, it's been crazy.
 
So to start it off, me and Elder Cotton were trying to find this one less active member and we went and knocked on this door and no one answered. So we went to the area book and we looked up his first name. So in the area book right above Brother Todd (the person we were trying to find), there was a David Tulley. So by accident, Elder Cotton looks at David and then Todd and mixes them up. So we go to a neighbors house to ask if they know him and there is a kid walking home. So we don't normally ask kids, but we just had a feeling that we should. So we go and ask him if he knows a David Todd and he is like, "Ya, he is like my best friend." So then we were like, "Are you sure because he is like 60." Ha ha. And he's like, "No he's like 15."
 
But then he told us where he lives and we ended up going to find his house and David Todd's dad is the one we were looking for. So if we wouldn't have mixed up the names, we wouldn't have found him. So we taught him for like 2 hours which was way longer than it should have been, but he just had like a million questions. So that was good and in that one day, we had 7 lessons, 7 blessings, and 2 people commit to be baptized. So that was super awesome!!
 
So anyways, on Wednesday we went to the temple and I had a question in my heart and I was praying about it and I was just trying to be as humble as I possibly could be. In the Celestial Room, President Harding (his Mission President) came up and was talking to me and it was like an answer to my prayers. Everything that he was saying was so amazing and I loved it so much. Like I am so excited to be out here serving and I wouldn't rather be anywhere else.
 
So yesterday at church I had a feeling to read through Jacob 5. So I didn't get to it ,but this morning I got that same impression to go read through it. And I was like why? Like that's one of the most boring chapters in the Book of Mormon. Like why should I read it? But I just felt prompted, so I did. And I challenge each of you to go through and read JACOB 5. And when you email me next week, let me know what you felt from reading it and what you learned from it. Because now I can say that JACOB 5 is my favorite chapter in the Book of Mormon. The message is so strong. You may have to read it more than once, but when you do and you see what it is truly saying, you will be stunned just as I was this morning! When I told Elder Barraclough about what I thought of that chapter, he was like, Wow, I have never thought of it that way. And then we just went through and picked it apart and looked at every little detail. It was just amazing.
 
And I have one of the most amazing stories I have ever had anyone tell me in my life. Brother Farley told us something that he has never told anyone before and it was a huge punch in the face. I'll have to tell you, but it will have to wait a couple of years because it's too spiritual to be sent over email. (I hate it when he does that! But, I guess I will just have to be patient - even though I am dying to know right now!!)
 
But anyways, thanks so much for the package momma.!! YOU'RE AMAZING AND THAT PACKAGE TRULY MADE MY LIFE!! AND THANKS GRANDMA FOR THE COOKIES. I LOVED EVERY SINGLE BIT OF IT!! I sent a package home with a bunch of keep sakes in it so don't lose it, ha ha.
 
I'm so happy to hear that all of you are doing so good! Just keep on a keeping on. God bless all of you!! I love you all so much and I am so happy to be out here helping the Lord harvest His field. Because the time is at hand and we need to prepare to meet our maker.
 
Tell Grandma Blake thanks for the letters and Everything. I hope all is well at home. And let Grandma Balch know that that quote she sent me that said, "When you find you're at the end of the rope, you will find the hem of His garment" - tell her that is like the BEST quote ever! I'm looking to hearing back from ya.
 
Remember to read JACOB 5 and let me know what you think. It's an amazing chapter!! I love you all so much and I remember you in my prayers everyday. I KNOW FOR A FACT THIS IS THE TRUE CHURCH. I KNOW WITHOUT A DOUBT IN MY HEART THAT GOD LIVES AND HE LOVES US. I HAVE HAD TOO MANY EXPERIENCES JUST IN THE SHORT TIME THAT I HAVE BEEN OUT TO EVER DENY THAT. I KNOW THAT THROUGH THE ATONEMENT OF JESUS CHRIST, WE CAN BECOME PERFECT LIKE HIM AS LONG AS WE USE IT IN OUR LIVES. I KNOW THAT THOMAS S MONSON HOLDS THE KEYS TO ACT IN GODS NAME AND THAT EVERYTHING HE SAYS IS STRAIGHT FROM THE MAN HIMSELF.
 
I LOVE ALL YOU SO MUCH AND I WANT TO BE WITH Y'ALL FOREVER. SO PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THE ONLY WAY TO THAT IS THROUGH JESUS CHRIST. I LOVE ALL OF YOU GUYS, AND AS A REPRESENTATIVE OF JESUS CHRIST I ASK THAT HE BLESSES ALL OF YOU WITH THE STRENGTH AND COURAGE TO MAKE IT THROUGH THIS CORRUPT WORLD AND TO WITHSTAND THE EVIL OF THE DEVIL.
 
YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING AND I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!! Y'ALL HAVE AN AMAZING WEEK!!
 
Love,
Elder Blake
 
 
This is Sister Cox. She is a lady that has so many problems and I feel so bad for her. Her family won't come visit and they won't answer when she calls. They won't even tell her that they love her. And I guess that the guy that was her Power of Attorney took all of her money or something.
 
Spiders are everywhere here.

Just making cookie brownie bars or whatever they're called.



 

3 comments:

  1. I seriously cannot believe the difference in his e-mail from last week. What they say is so true that you grow so much from your challenges, and he has grown by leaps and bounds. I am so proud of him and how his testimony has grown so much in the short time he has been out there. The Lord is definitely preparing him for great things and I hope I can just be along for the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so so glad he is doing better. It sounds like he is not only doing better but great. And he is an amazing artist and apparently now chef haha. Love him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your son! What a great letter. You must be very proud indeed. Congratulations on the visa!!! When does he fly out?
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete