Monday, March 10, 2014

Week 34 - Update

Dear Family:

Well this week has been awesome. So my companion has been sick and guess what? Now I'm sick. Ha ha. That's awesome right?? Anyways, it's just like a sore throat and a fever so nothing too bad. But with a fever and it already being a million degrees here, it kinda stinks. Ha ha. But it's cool because it doesn't stop me from working. Ha ha. I'm the type that always has to be doing something and always has to be talking, no matter what language. Ha ha. I'm just not the type that can stay in the house all day. I've just got to be doing something. And I'm pretty such that I got that from Grandpa Balch. I love that man.

But anyways, my week. We were supposed to have a baptism this week, but it ended up falling through because the dad wouldn't sign the papers because he is of a different faith. But, I talked to him and all. Y'all know that I can get pretty fired up right. Ha ha. Ya, well I just shot the true gospel fire all over him and he accepted to let her be baptized this Sunday. Ha ha. So hopefully it will go through. And other than that, we taught some people that are really progressing. Like Kelly, she is an amazing girl that gives me a class in Portuguese like 2 times a week and I started to teach her. Then this last week. we taught her the Plan of Salvation, and she told us she was feeling the spirit. She prayed and started crying and it was so awesome that the spirit was so strong. She also accepted to be baptized, but we haven't set a date yet. Ha ha, but we will!!

But, anyways something crazy that happened this week is we were walking down the street and there were these guys on a motorcycle just going super fast. Then like police cars right behind them and all of the police men except the ones driving were hanging out the windows with their guns. Ha ha. It was crazy. And it was also Carnival here these last few weeks, and I have seen a lot of weird things I shouldn't have seen. It was pretty crazy.
 
But pretty much, Brasil is awesome and my mission is awesome. I love it and I hope that y'all are doing good. I'm really praying for Blanding and hope that we can get some rain down there. That would be nice, right? Ha ha. But anyways, I love y'all and have y'all a good week. May God be with y'all.
 
Tchau,
Elder Blake
 
P.S. Ha ha, I know that my grammar and writing stinks and gets worse week after week, but oh well. Ha ha.  (Luckily he has a mom that fixes his grammar and writing for him! Ha ha.)
 
Not sure what this is about.

Doing laundry


Holes in his new pair of shoes.

 

1 comment:

  1. I love his positive attitude. He is sick but says it is ok and no worries and is still out there doing the work. He is one amazing kid!

    ReplyDelete