Monday, March 24, 2014

Week 36 - Update

Short letter - tons of pictures.

Well this week has been a pretty crazy week. I am going to be leaving Alvarenga tomorrow, which is pretty sad. But that is definitely what the Lord wants me to do and it will be good for me. 

And also this week has been pretty crazy because yesterday, we had a girl show up to church and she says that she thought today was her baptism day. But the thing is, her dad wouldn't sign the papers so she couldn't be baptized. We tried a lot of things, but it ended up not working out. And her dad said that us missionaries couldn't come to her house anymore. So, we had to leave it to the members. Hopefully they will do their part and she can get baptized.

But other than that, the week has been pretty slow. Not much has happened. Just our usual teaching and things, but nothing too amazing and over the top. There was a hilarious story. There was this drunk guy that we ran into and it was funny because my comp was telling me that he was an elect. And I was like no, dude, he is totally drunk. That's why he was telling us everything that we wanted to hear. I could like smell the alcohol on him and all of that stuff. Then when we went to his house for his appointment, he was drunk, but in the mindset to just not deal with anyone. It was super funny. Here in Brasil, there are a million churches and a million bars. All of the time you see people walking from the bar to the church and then out of the church back to the bar. Ha ha. The mind set that these people have here is so dang funny.

But anyways, I hope y'all have a good week. Y'all are amazing.

Love y'all.

Tchau,
Elder Blake

Let it rain!


Getting stuck in the rain






Having some fun - boys will be boys





Portuguese/English class







Saying goodbye




3 comments:

  1. I am going to miss this boy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is time for a transfer and it will be exciting to see next week where he is and who is companion is. I am sure he has made some really good friends and it was hard to say good-bye to them. I know all about missionary good-byes and mostly you think you will probably never seem them again, which is kind of sad - but good to have friends that have touched your life while you are there, and you will always remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everybody here will miss him so much. Every time a missionary has to be transfered is hard.. farewells are horrible! I could see how much he changed in some weeks, I believe that when he comes back home you all will see the difference and different people need to know him and learn about the Church! I think we suffer so much because we know that we will never see the missionaries again. They are just like angels, they come, talk to you, help you then go away. It makes part of the whole thing and the most important thing is: What they teach (the missionaries) stays in our hearts! He is a great person and you, Donna, should be proud of him!

    ReplyDelete