Thursday, February 21, 2013

Dylan's Mission Call


Wow.  So many emotions right now! 

I got a phone call this morning around 7:30. It was the post office saying that Dylan's call had arrived. Holy cow. I really wasn't expecting it until Friday or Saturday because of the holiday. Dylan was staying at Grandma Blake's house, so I called his cell phone. He answered on the last ring and was half asleep. I told him that his call was here - man did he wake up quick.  He said, "Oh my gosh!" and dropped his phone.

Kevin and the boys were extremely happy and excited. Then I called my mom and dad. They were way excited. I tried to call my sisters and neither one of them answered their cell phones. I was like, this is important and they aren't answering. Then I finally got ahold of them and told them what we were doing. They were so excited, too.

Dylan wanted his friends to be there when he opened his call, so we decided to open it at noon at my mom and dad's house. I couldn't believe I had to wait that long. My parents were nice enough to make sandwiches, cookies, and brownies for everyone, and there were probably like 50 people there! I was already anxious enough. I arrived at about 11:45 with the kids. Dylan was already there with Grandma Blake and my parents - plus tons of others. I was on pins and needles all morning. Kevin got tied up at work so he didn't arrive until about 5 after. Seriously by now I thought I was going to have a heart attack, my heart was racing so fast.

So, before Dylan opened his call he told me that he was going to say something different than was on his papers and then say, "Just kidding!" and then tell everyone where he was really going. Well when he read that he was going to Brazil Sao Paulo South Mission, speaking Portuguese, leaving July 17, I didn't believe him. I kept saying, "Really" and finally he shook his head. I can't believe it.

Then, Kevin asks me what MTC he was going to. I was thinking the Provo MTC, but I was wrong. He is going to the Brazil MTC. Oh my heck! We don't drop him off at the MTC in Provo, but at the airport! Wow. So excited!

1 comment:

  1. Loved your video; I have watched it like 20 times. And how neat to put a picture with that scripture on it at the end - you are just so creative.

    ReplyDelete