Monday, February 11, 2013

"Where's He Going?" Party

So tonight we had dinner at my mom and dad's house. They have a big empty room downstairs where we are able to set up tables and chairs enough to fit all of us. We usually have dinner on Fast Sunday, but since last Sunday was the Superbowl, we changed it to today. And since Dylan just submitted his papers, I wanted everyone to decide where they thought Dylan would go on his mission.

My parents found this world map and we stuck it to a presentation board. Everyone put their initials on a push pin and stuck it in the Board. Here is Kolar guessing where he thought.


And a picture of my cute sister taking a picture of me. Usually I forget my camera and have to rely on her, but I remembered today. And most of the time she is not in pictures because she is always taking them.


Then after we all guessed, we stuck pins in for everyone who took a guess from Facebook. Here is the final product with the future missionary.


Here are everyone's guesses. The first part are from people on Facebook. Dylan was the first one that guessed at our party.
  • Brooke Pehrson - Brazil
  • Becky Hughes - Alaska (of course, since she moved there last year)
  • Eric Balch - Argentina
  • Silvia Stubbs - Argentina
  • Tiffany Witte - Texas
  • Don Johnson - Japan
  • Jeremy J. Lyman - Spain
  • Karyssa Balch - Brazil
  • Simone Shumway - Peru
  • Carol Richmond - Korea
  • Kaylee Ann Star - Germany
  • Jim Blake - Little Rock, Arkansas
  • Jeff Blake - Brazil
  • Heidi Bullard - Texas
  • Laurie Hawkins Crook - New York
  • Lynette Stevens - Brazil
  • Callie Winters - Marshall Islands (this is where Dylan wants to go)
  • Janet Wilcox - Scandinavia
  • Jodilyn Blake - Mexico
  • Dylan - Brazil
  • Kolar - Russia
  • Javin - Madagascar
  • Jordan - Marshall Islands
  • Carver - Hungary
  • Kailey - Paris, France
  • Keya - Equator
  • Kylar - Rome, Italy
  • Kamri - Stockholm, Sweden
  • Niquee - Sweden
  • Clint - Portugal, Spain
  • Kristy - Hong Kong, China
  • Jeff - Canary Islands
  • Sheri - Denmark
  • Maquel - Venezuala
  • Lyle - Mexico
  • Grandpa Balch - Ghana
  • Grandma Balch - Ontario, Canada
  • Grandma Blake - Hawaii
  • Dad (Kevin) - Dallas, Texas (Gee could this be because he is a HUGE Cowboys fan!)
  • Mom (Me) - Romania
From Dylan's Facebook:
  • Lisa Sherman - Seattle
  • Hayden Brown - Oregon
  • Hannah Parker - Philippines
  • Toniee Lewis - Italy
  • Kellie Palmer - South Carolina
  • Devin Lyman - Jamaica
  • Chandler Billsie - Philadelphia
  • Corey Blake - Guatemala
  • Ryan Turk - Brazil
  • Kesian Barton - Chicago
  • Jenny Sherrow - Philippines
  • Samantha Walker - Peru
  • Joni McDonald - Canada
  • Ashly Shumway - Mississippi
  • Brielle Hawkins Carrick - Dallas, Texas
  • Brett Laws - Washington DC
  • Brynn Blake Steimle - Hong Kong
  • Brittain Bowring - Boston
  • Andrea Chapman - Japan
  • Mikell Monson - Samoa
  • Shelbi Black - New York
  • Casey Blake - Mexico
  • Landrey Hawkins - Sydney, Australia
  • Brooke Lyman - Spain
  • Rian Laws - Philippines
  • Shadin Sherrow - Canada
  • Carlos Bowring - California
  • Marcia Hawkins - Italy
     
Wow, lots of guesses, huh? Can't wait until he gets his official call. The one thing I know is that not a one of us knows where he is going. The only one that knows is the Lord. And I know that his call will be from him. Now we wait for a couple of weeks. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. I really like the fact that you are doing a separate blog on Dylan. And I love your pictures of him. After looking at your blog, I realize how boring my blog is and how I am just not very creative or computer savvy. But like your thought, we do our best and I still love writing my feelings and posting pictures. I still get my blog books out and look at them often and reminisce and remember good and bad times. And I think that is what blogs are all about!

    ReplyDelete