Monday, December 2, 2013

Week 20

Dear Family and Friends:

I really thought baby Porter (his sister's baby) would be here by now. Ha. But that's okay. I will get to see pictures of him next week.

So this week was good. I got a new companion and stuff. He is an American and so we just have the time of our lives and just laugh and have a good time. You have no idea how much this kid reminds me of Stubbie. Ha ha. This kid is straight up Chase Richmond in the flesh. Ha ha. I call him Stubbs all of the time and he's like, "Why do you call me that?" and I'm like, "Oops! I keep forgetting that you're not really Stubbs." Ha ha. The funny thing is he played center for his football team too. Ha ha.

So this week has been pretty rough at times too because this Elder doesn't know the area so everything relies on me. It's pretty stressful when appointments fall through, but I guess that is just part of life. And it's hard to learn Portuguese because he is still learning too, so it's super tough. For like lessons and such, I have to teach about half because his Portuguese runs out and I have to start. Ha ha. But anyways, it's super good that I have an American companion. I like it a lot and I think that President Tanner is doing this to me because next transfers we are getting a lot of new missionaries and he wants me to train, so I am pretty nervous for that. Ha. I don't really feel like my Portuguese is good enough to do that yet.

Julio, one of our investigators has been coming to church for like the last three weeks and being taught and everything. He just hasn't gotten an answer yet, so last night I suggested to my companion that we should do the prayer circle - pretty much I pray, then Elder Despain prays, and then Julio does. And it just keeps going on and on until he feels like he received an answer or he just doesn't want to pray anymore. So we had the prayer circle and about the 3rd time around he started crying when he was praying and said that he was really feeling the spirit and he knows that this is the true church on Earth. And he said that he would think about baptism and we would talk to him about it again on Thursday when we go back. So that was my miracle for the week!

But Brasil doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving. Ha ha. They don't even know what the heck it is. But they definitely know how to party. Everyone is constantly hung over and it's hilarious. Anyways, I get to Skype in like 23 days (I'm so excited!!) so I will be able to see all of y'all. Ha ha. But I really don't have much to say this week. I love you guys. Have a good week. You're all amazing :)!

Tchou
Love,
Elder Blake
 
Me and my new companion - Elder Despain

I am assuming this is his church

1 comment:

  1. He sounds so good - so happy and I think he looks better this week than he looked last week. Sounds like he can't wait to see picture of baby Porter. He will be pumped up for next week for sure.

    ReplyDelete