Monday, December 9, 2013

Week 21

Dear Family:

I can't believe it - he's here! That just made my whole entire life seeing my little nephew. He is the cutest ever (I would most definitely have to agree with him) and it just made me want to see him so bad. Like I'm missing out on it and I'm sad, but at the same time, this is where I need to be. I'm so happy that everything went fine. I have just been praying my little heart out all week for Mick (Maquel) and Port (Porter) to be okay. I'm so happy that everything was fine. I love you guys so much!!


But anyways, this week has been a crazy week. Me and Elder Despain just always have a good time - I love it, ha ha. But this week on Wednesday we had District meeting and then after we had lunch. And it's this really poor lady who feeds us and it's always a sketchy lunch. So we get to her house and there is just rice and then this stuff in a pot. So I get rice on my dirty plate and then open up the pot and me and Elder Dispain were like, crap. It was chicken heart, liver, and feet - the cheapest stuff you can buy. So we just prayed and started to eat. It was not good at all, especially the liver and feet. Like the heart was gross, but I could eat it, but the feet and liver I just wanted to puke. So I got it all down with the help of the Lord. Then we go out and teach that day, and that night we both wake up just sicker than sick. It sucked, but we are all good now. Ha ha. (It is times like this that I wish I could somehow send him a super delicious, home-cooked meal!)

The I got like 3 of Grandma Balch's letters which was way cool. In one of them she said something about something crazy happening in Blanding that kept Lyle super busy, but she just figured that you told me about it, and you didn't. Ha ha. What happened? Like keep me updated on all this cool stuff! (Yes, I totally forgot to tell him about it. An elementary school in our area, at Montezuma Creek, had a gas leak in it and it sent a whole bunch of kids and teachers to the hospital right before Thanksgiving. It was pretty scary, but no one died.)

But anyways we don't have much time to email today because today isn't our p-day. Tomorrow is because we are going to the TEMPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ha ha. I'm so excited. But since I don't have much time and I have like a million people to email back I'll just tell you a couple of crazy experiences that happened yesterday.

So yesterday was super busy and we had like meetings with the Bishop and with our ward mission leader and a bunch of other things. But, we went and had a lesson after all of this at like 7:00 last night. It was just a contact that we made in the street that was just in a hurry that said, ya, this is my address and like come to my house this day at this time. So we kinda felt like there was going to be no one there. But we went anyways and we get there and he remembered us and he was like I'm glad that you remember that I told you to come to our house. Then he let us in and he had a family. We did a 24 hour fast from Saturday after lunch to Sunday lunch for the mission that each dupla (duo, set) would find a family. And we did. And they let us in and gave us drink and food. We taught them and they understood and were super happy. They said that they would come to church and they accepted to be baptized and said that they knew it was true. It was just awesome that that happened.

 But anyways, from their house in Quimcios it's like an hour long walk home and we only had like 40 minutes until 9:00 (curfew) so we were walking super fast and this ambulance like flew by us. We were getting closer to our house and we were like, I wonder what happened. So we just kept walking and we saw this guy like just yelling and cussing and a bunch of stuff like screaming this isn't my fault and all this stuff. Then we just see this motorcycle in the road all jacked up and then this guy laying in the middle of the road with blood all over. The guys helmet was just shredded to pieces and then we see that like he's not moving or anything. The we see them cut the pants off of the guy and his femur is just snapped in half and sticking out of his leg. Like it was crazy. Then some people came up to us because they saw that we were wearing white shirts and ties and they asked us if we would say a prayer for him and his family. So we did and it was just super amazing. I don't know what happened to him, but I just have a feeling that he is okay.

Anyways, that's my stories for this week. I love all of you guys and just hope that you are all doing amazing. Y'all are the best. Love you and have a good week.

Tchou (Bye)
Te amo (Love you)
Elder Blake 


The best thing about Mega (the picture website we are sharing photos through) is that I get a bunch of pictures, instead of just one or two. The worst thing about it is I have no captions. So take your guess on what these pictures are all about. I'm just glad that he looks so happy!












1 comment:

  1. K the food part seriously grosses me out! And I can't believe that he actually ate it!! And I also love seeing all of his pictures, because he does look so happy!

    ReplyDelete