Monday, January 13, 2014

Week 26 - Only 534 Days Left!

Olaaaaaaaaaaa Family and Friends:

Well, I'm going to start the letter off this week with a miracle and a half! So it goes like this . . . We were working one day and just appointment after appointment after appointment fell through, and really like we had nothing to do. So we started contacting on the street and nothing was working. But there was this one family in particular that I really felt the spirit about. But, really they weren't acting interested, but I really felt an impression to introduce the Book of Mormon to them. I already had one with my testimony wrote in it because I love handing them out with my testimony in them. I just really felt like I needed to give them one, and so I did. I invited them to church, and they were like - ya, we don't have time for that - and it ended at that.

I way pretty bummed. But then come Sunday, we get to church and this family is already there with the Book of Mormon I gave them. They said that they got home and read my testimony and the part I marked for them (the introduction), and then they prayed about it. They said that they have NEVER felt the spirit that strong before, so they came to church. Well, they LOVED church to death and so we made an appointment to go see them a little later. So we went to their house with a member and we taught them. We invited them to be baptized and they accepted!!! It was super cool and super spiritual. But ya, that's my miracle for the week!

Anyways, this week has been good. It's just been the usual Sao Paulo - raining and lightning and thundering every single day. Ha ha. And I still don't have an umbrella or rain coat (I have told him to buy one, but he doesn't want to spend money on things like that), but oh well. But really, like going to Canada that one time and living in Georgia for a couple of months, I really thought I knew what rain was. But ya, I don't. No one knows what rain is until they get here to Brasil in Sao Paulo. The rain is so crazy and the lightning is so crazy and pretty and the thunder is so loud it's not even funny. Like the thunder shakes the houses and that's not even a joke. Ha ha.

Me and my companion, Elder Despain just love each other to death. It's going to be a sad day when I have to get a new companion. But, it's okay I guess. But I really love the kid and I feel the spirit like crazy with him. Yesterday after one of our lessons, the member that was with us told me, "Elder Blake, you are just a Spiritual Powerhouse - the second that you start to talk, I just feel the spirit crashing down on us!" He also told me that I'm the type of missionary that's going to have success in life.

It's super cool hearing stuff like that, because looking at my past, I wasn't the type of kid that was super spiritual or the type of kid that was just a good kid. I was always getting in trouble and doing stupid things (don't let him fool you - he was a GREAT kid!). So it's super awesome when people tell me that they see a change in me - because, believe me, I definitely feel a change in myself! It's super awesome.

But to end this email, I was reading in 2 Nephi chapter 4 this week and it's when Lehi dies and when Nephi swears to always follow our Heavenly Father. I challenge all y'all to read that chapter and really look how Nephi prays. I feel like each and every one of us can be closer with our Heavenly Father if we can pray like Nephi - because that dude is just a boss, ha ha.

I love all y'all to death and I hope that you have a good week. Love you all and god bless!

Tchou,
Elder Blake

Seriously, gross!

Apparently they did some heavy duty cleaning!






Service Project

No comments:

Post a Comment