Monday, February 3, 2014

Week 29 - Weekly Update

Dear Family and Friends:

Well, this week has been a crazy, hot, and weird week. Ha ha. So the first thing that has happened is that Brasil's temperature has been record temperatures this year. Like a couple of days ago, it was 42 degrees Celsius, and that is like 107 or 108 degrees Fahrenheit. And the last time that happened here in Sao Paulo was 1983. So it's been quite a long time since it has been this hot.

The missionary schedule here in Brasil has completely changed. We wake up at the same time, 6:30. Then we do personal study from 8-9 and then we start proselyting from 9 until lunch. After lunch we go back to the house and do companion study from 2-3 and language study from 3-4. Then we head out and continue the work again. Because it has been super hot, the Presidency of Brasil changed the whole schedule. Crazy, right?

But anyways, wow - time is just flying. Like last Saturday, the 1st was 200 days on my mission. Crazy, right?! I can't believe it. Time is just going right on by and I'm getting better at the language day by day and just everything is going amazing.

The only not amazing thing is the girls here just keep wearing less clothes and less clothes because it is getting hotter and hotter. But, that just isn't right. They should have more respect for themselves than that - at least that's what I think. I've heard of a few missionaries going home just because of that. So, it's not a good thing at all. You just have to always be looking straight ahead and just talking about some gospel principal or like humming a hymn or something. There is a lot of temptations here in Brasil, but I just love it all because I can feel myself getting stronger and stronger :)!

But anyways, the miracle of this week is we took the Bishop and his wife to a lesson and it was just awesome! So we have been teaching this family, Alisandra and Tiago, for awhile and they have some doubts and stuff. But when we took the Bishop there, he straight up just answered all their questions and took away all of their doubts. So we invited them to be baptized this Saturday, and they were like well, maybe. But I was like, you need to pray about this because I know that you guys are ready. I was like Tiago, will you pray right now with us and ask our Heavenly Father is these things are true. He's like, ya I will. Right as soon as he started the prayer, the tears started in him, and I've never seen him cry. And when the prayer was over, him and his wife were crying. They said they knew that they would be baptized! Wow! I don't think that I have ever felt the spirit stronger in my whole life. It was awesome. Then they asked the Bishop to announce their baptism at church so people will come. So they are definitely ready. It is just so awesome. I love the spirit so much!

Now for some bad news for the week. After this email, I am heading to the hospital because I've had just straight liquid coming out of me (both ways, ha) for three days. They think that I have a parasite or something like that and I just sucks. I don't think that I have ever had stomach pains this bad in my life. The Bishop told me I need to go there and get an IV because I am super dehydrated. With the heat and everything, I just don't have anything in me. It really sucks. I thought that I had been sick before, but no one knows sick until they get sick like this in Brasil. It is horrible!

But, don't worry about me, I will be fine. Hopefully I just head to the hospital and get this IV and then get out. Anyways, I love all of y'all and I hope that you have a good week. I'll email you next week. Tchau.

Love,
Elder Blake







1 comment:

  1. Oh man there is nothing worse then knowing your child is sick and you can't do anything about it. Praying that he gets better really soon. But wow the miracles they are seeing are so amazing and such a testimony builder. Love these missionaries!

    ReplyDelete