Monday, April 14, 2014

Week 39 - Oiiiiiiiii :)

Well, what's up, everyone! So this week has been pretty good!! I've been pretty sick and had to go to the hospital a couple of times, but it's okay. Ha ha. This week a lot happened and I will let y'all know what it was . . . dun dun dun . . .

So to start off the week, I went to a school here in Brasil. I was invited by an English teacher to go there and to talk to the kids because I am an American. She wanted me to talk about the culture and stuff in America, but the sad thing is that in schools here in Brasil, you can't talk about religion. But there were 82 kids there right, and they had marked me to be there for 3 hours (which is like 3 classes). So me (Americano) going there and speaking to them in Portuguese about my culture and stuff was really inspiring to them. Everyone was like asking me how I learned Portuguese so good and things like that. I told them that I didn't even study much or anything (just 6 weeks in the MTC), I just came and started talking to everyone here in Brasil, and so they all had hope that all of them could learn English. Ha ha.

But at the end of every class, I left a little bit of time for them to ask me questions in English and I could answer them in English and they could hear me speak English. If they couldn't understand my answer, then I would say it again in Portuguese so they could understand it. A lot of them asked me what I was doing here in Brasil. So that was my opportunity to speak up about the church and all. I forget how fast I speak English, so most of the time I had to retell them in Portuguese, ha ha. At the end of class, I told them that we have a free English class at our chapel every Saturday at 10:00 in the morning. It was awesome because we went there, and there were a lot of people that showed up that weren't just there because I'm Americano, but because they're elects from God. I know that we will be able to teach several of them. It was really awesome.

Me and my companion are doing good. There are some days that we just get annoyed of each other, but that is just normal. We have a bunch of investigators now and it's awesome!! The Lord is truly blessing me. I have some hard times, but I feel Him in my life every single day. Like it's beyond words.

I had an amazing experience this week. The doctor told me that I need to kind of take it easy (ya, right!), and I was fasting because I needed to get an ultrasound. So I made it a fast with a purpose. That purpose was that Nicholy could be baptized. I remembered that during conference they were talking about answers to our prayers and that us as members know that these things are true, but they still invited us to pray about these things again to know that they are true and to strengthen our testimony even more. So I was reading the Book of Mormon and then I went to sleep. And I had . . . I can't even explain it. I'll have to talk about my experience when I talk to you on Skype. It was overwhelming and it was the best answer that I have ever received in my life. It was truly from God. I love life. It is amazing.

Anyways, I just want y'all to know that I am loving my mission. I know that this church is true. I know that God lives and Jesus Christ lives and that Joseph Smith restored the church. And more than anything I want to say that I know that the Book of Mormon is literally the word of God and that if we will endure to the end in the covenant, we will be overwhelmed with joy in the end.

I love y'all and hope that y'all have a good and blessed week.
 
Love y'all!!!!!
Elder Blake
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Ouch!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He finally got a desk!
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. So what is all this sitting close to all those girls? Maybe he better get out his little white missionary book and read a couple of sections. The pictures of the needles in his arms really don't look good - makes me cringe! Hope they find out if there is something other than dehydration that is wrong. Every e-mail we just need to hit on the drink, drink, drink. And I know how hard that is when you don't feel good, and you think nothing is getting down, but it is. I struggled big time with that in WV and it is not any fun.

    ReplyDelete