Monday, April 21, 2014

Week 40 - yep.. my week.. waaaaaaa hooooooooo :)‏

Hey everyone. How's it going? I just want to let y'all know that I am doing awesome here in Brasil (especially dad and mom and Maquel and Lyle). I really am doing great. Ya know, sometimes things happen and ya get a little down, but that's okay. Ha. But anyways, I'm here in a new area now for the last week of this transfer with Elder L. Machado. He is super cool and this area is crazy. There are so may hills that are just huge, I love it. It's awesome ha ha. Sorry that I couldn't send any pictures today, but the internet at this place stinks. There's like a million, bazillion people in here and the computers are going like 2 miles per hour. Ha ha. It stinks.

But anyways, this last week has been good. I have really learned a lot about myself and a lot about the Lord. The Lord is really awesome you know. It really is amazing the things that He did for us. I really love Him to death. He is an amazing person and He really can do anything. This morning I was studying the Bible back in the Old Testament in Genesis. But I was reading the story about Abraham when the Lord was like you will have a baby. And Abraham was like, what! I'm 100 years old and my wife is 90. How is that going to happen? And Abraham was like happy, but he was kindof laughing in the Lord's face too. And what happened? His wife got pregnant. I thought that was super funny. Like the Lord is like, "What? Are you doubting me?" And then he does it to show to us that He can do anything.

I really learned that this week. I was having a hard time and I wasn't leaning towards the Lord as much as I should have been, and what happened? He showed to me that he really is there and that I can really trust in Him and that He can help me. It was super awesome and it was super amazing. I really am learning a lot and I really am helping so many people. I just love it and I love service and the feeling I get when I do it.

I just want to tell all of you that are reading this that I have a testimony that the Savior lives and that He loves us. I know that if we trust in Him, and we have faith in Him, then we can really do whatever our heart desires. He is all powerful and He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. He has helped many people and He will continue helping people. I know that this church was restored through a prophet, a young man that was 14 years old just because he had a question. And he had enough faith to go and find the answer.

I have really learned to love this scripture (James 1:5) here on my mission, "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, who giveth to all men liberally and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him." Us humans, us sinners lack a lot of wisdom for sure. But our God is always there for us and we can always count on Him. But, I love saying this to investigators, "But, we need to do our part!!!" We can't just ask and be like, okay whatever, just give me an answer. No, we have to do our part too. I love this gospel and I know that it is true and I know that this church is true.

I love all y'all and hope that y'all had a good Easter. God bless y'all and have an amazing week.

Love,
Elder Blake

P.S. Tell everyone that I love them and that they are awesome. I am doing great and I especially thank you and dad and Maquel and Lyle for the emails and such. I don't have much time today because today is zone p-day, but I love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment