Friday, July 26, 2013

Doing Great!

 
When Kristy took Briona to the MTC on Wednesday, July 24th, one of the very first missionaries she saw was Dylan. She called me as soon as she snapped a couple of pictures and I was so happy I started crying. Yes, I think these next two years are going to be filled with tears - tears of joy, hardship, missing him, and happiness! How lucky we are to have so many tender mercies of the Lord shown to us on a daily basis.

Probably his companion - though I don't know for sure.
 
He looks so happy - and so Dylan!

Thanks, sis for getting these pictures. It helps to see him so happy!

On Thursday, we received his next letter.

Dear Mai, Pai, e Familia:

The MTC is going Super Awesome and I am learning a rediculous amount of stuff. We have been teaching our investigator Pedro in Portuguese sense the second day in the MTC. We just committed him to be baptized on the 9th of August and he accepted. By the way, he is definitely a fake investigator, but he speaks nothing but Portuguese. I can understand a little bit of what he sayd, but its pretty rough. I already know how to pray in Portuguese, bear my testimony in Portugues, and speak a lot of the basics.

But the first few days were pretty rough. I was definitely home sick the first night. Is all I could think about was you guys and all my family and Charis. But, I just prayed my butt off and overcame that and I only think about you all at night when I sit down and actually have personal time.

I'm so stoaked for Jordan taking 2nd too bad it wasn't 1st, but thats good too. And I'm so excited he went on the trek. That's going to be an amazing experience. I've seen Devin, Ryan, Dayton, Maverik, Mason, Logan, and Justin Write like 10 times each. It's awsome seeing people from Blanding!

But I really need you to send me GUM! They don't sell it here so I really need you to send me some - like enough to last 6 weeks. Ha! So my first p-day is on Friday, so I will be able to email you and such! I can't really think of anything else to tell you other than I love you guys! You guys are amazing!

Eu sai que da IGREJA de Jesus Cristo e Verdadara!

Love,
Elder Blake

P.S. They don't say it Blake . . . They say it like Elder Ba . . . Lock . . . Ehh . . . Ha, it's pretty cool!

Love you guys and am praying for you every day! Don't forget the Gum! And throw in another shirt and pair of basketball shorts in the package you send me! I need them! BAD! Love you :)

I hope I wrote the Portuguese right, and I have no idea what it says, but it is so great to hear from him. I can tell that his testimony has already grown and he is going to do amazing things!

1 comment:

  1. I seriously can not believe all that they learn in such a small amount of time. Reading that warms my heart and makes me cry....still too recent. But wow what an amazing missionary he already is!

    ReplyDelete