Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Endowment

Wow - where has the time gone. It has definitely flown by since Dylan received his mission call. On June 8, 2013 Dylan received his endowments in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. It is a gorgeous temple and the day could not have been better. We went up Friday and stayed at Callie's house. The boys LOVE Lindzee's twins.







Saturday his session was at 3:00, but we had to be there by 1:30. We were all meeting to go to dinner afterwards, so Lindzee was nice enough to keep Jordan and Kolar. Here are some pictures before we left for the temple.



Kevin just being silly.

It was such an amazing day and I am so proud of Dylan for making the decision to go to the temple. The church means so much in my life, and I am glad it does in his too.





One of the hardest things for Dylan is that his grandpa Blake is not here - in person anyway. He misses him like crazy, especially at important times like this. Grandpa Blake loved airplanes and some of our happiest memories are with him flying or at the airport, so we attribute planes to grandpa. Well, as soon as Dylan walked out of the temple, a big jet was flying by. He knew that was Grandpa's way of letting him know that he was there for him. By the time we got to the car, we were all crying because we knew that Grandpa was with us. The Lord has so many ways to show us His tender mercies.


The temple is so important in my life. I have had answers to many prayers or just questions come to me there and there is not a place I feel more at peace than at the temple. I am proud that Dylan has gone and hope that we can go often together before he leaves. I am proud of you bud!

No comments:

Post a Comment