Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Dylan's Farewell

So seriously, time is just going by too quickly. In like two weeks, Dylan will be entering the MTC. That is so crazy.

June 30, 2013 we had Dylan's farewell. He asked his brother, Jordan, to talk with him and they both gave great talks. Jordan spoke just a few months ago, and he didn't look up from his paper much. This time he looked up a lot. And Dylan. Oh my heck. He didn't even have a talk written out. He just had some notes, quotes, and a couple of stories. He did such a fabulous job. I still have people complimenting me on what outstanding boys I have.

I tried really hard not to cry, because I knew when I started that I wouldn't stop. Well, I did good up until Dylan bore his testimony. The spirit was so strong. He thanked all of his family, and then his immediate family one by one. That is when I really lost it. I still can't think about it without tears coming to my eyes. He is an amazing man!

After Sacrament meeting, we all went to Granny Blake's for dinner. We had sloppy joes, chips, a vegetable tray, cookies, and homemade rootbeer - granny's kind. I am so lucky to have all my sisters and mom close and Kevin's mom. They all helped make things, and I am truly blessed to have them all in my life. I couldn't have pulled it off without all of them.

Here are some pictures from the dinner.




















Tyler decided he wanted to be a part of our family picture.



We have an amazing family who supports us in everything we do. We are gratefuly to have all of you in our lives. Thanks for sharing such an important day with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment