Sunday, July 21, 2013

Setting Apart - and Last Family Pictures for two Years!


On Monday, July 15, 2013, Dylan was set apart as a missionary. The Stake President sets all missionaries apart. It was not an easy day for all of us. Goodbyes were said all around. Things I remember from the blessing
  • Dylan was promised that he would learn the Portuguese language if he had patience. It would not come all at once, or not come easily, but it would come.
  • Many blessings would come his way if he would become humble and remember the Lord in all things.
  • He would have his health and strength and his knee would heal.
  • He was told to let things at home go and not let whatever was happening effect him on his mission and to not worry about things.
  • He was also told to let the Dylan of now and the past go and become the new man that the Lord wanted him to be.
I was so emotional that that is all I remember. It was a beautiful blessing though and how lucky we are to have wonderful people to give blessings like that.

I have no idea how I ended up with no pictures of my family or Grandma Blake, but I didn't. It was definitely not intentional, I just think I was too caught up in the moment to think. Here are some great pictures from that day.



Emotional goodbye to sister!


Saying goodbye to the baby he won't meet until it's 1 1/2.
 
 Having some fun with Jordan!
 
Although I didn't get a picture of everyone, my mom did!
 

Before we went in to the church for Dylan to be set apart, we were all waiting in our cars because it was raining so hard. After about 10 minutes of waiting we turned around and right behind us, there was a beautiful, bright double rainbow. Grandma Blake said it was Grandpa's way to let Dylan know that he was here - Grandpa crying tears of joy! We are so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment