Sunday, July 21, 2013

Entering the MTC!

 
Well, Dylan was supposed to fly to Brazil on July 16 and attend the MTC there, but of course, his visa didn't come. Most of the missionaries going to Brazil have not received their visa in time. So on July 4th the Stake President said he got an email stating that Dylan would be entering the Provo MTC on July 17 at 12:30 pm. Wow, I honestly can't believe it is here already.

The night before Dylan went into the MTC, we sat up and had our last mother-son heart-to-heart. I told him how proud I was of him and that I knew he was going where he was supposed to go. I told them that even though he was doing the right thing, things would not always be easy, that Satan would always try to get to him, but that every answer to any problem is found on your knees and in the scriptures. If he turned to the Lord in everything, that Satan would not be able to get to him. It was definitely an emotional time for both of us.

Well, the day arrived and we decided to go to the Provo Temple and take some pictures. I guess it is sort of a missionary tradition.










I seriously held it together until now. Then I totally lost it. My boys all saying goodbye to each other, just kind of did me in. It was seriously so touching.



Then an emotional goodbye with father and son - man the tears were really flowing now!


After this we got in the car and went to the MTC. We drove through the gates at 12:22 pm. You see several security guards and one of them asks if you are dropping off a boy or girl and they put a sticker on your car. You see several more guards on the way. One of them heard me crying (yes, I was crying that loud - sobbing actually), and said, "You aren't crying already are you?"

Then you go down a long alley/driveway where missionaries are lined up all along the side waving to you. And before you know it, you pull up and get out. We took his suitcases out and gave him one last hug. Then he was gone - last time I can see him in person for two years! And we were exiting the MTC by 12:27 pm. In 5 minutes, my life and his life changed forever - both definitely for the better!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for making me cry! Ugh that picture of Kolar and him hugging is priceless. It is amazing how much he already looks like a missionary. He is going to change lives forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures made me cry! So excited for Dylan. So tough to say goodbye though.

    ReplyDelete