Friday, July 26, 2013

First Email/P-Day

So I checked my email at noon, and low and behold, I had a letter from my amazing son. But, the first picture I see brings me to tears. I am so thankful for these two amazing kids. They have been great cousins and wonderful friends. I am so thankful that in a sea of thousands of missionaries, that they got to see and hug each other!


I really thought that I would just cut and past his letter, but I really want to publish this into a book for when he gets home and there are so many typos - I just have to fix them! Here's his letter.

Well today is my first P day and I am down in the laundry room and it is so hectic. There are so many people and it is super, super hot down here. But I really hope you got my last letter because I need that stuff! And by the way, I really need you to leave money on my card because everything costs around here ha and I'm down to like 20 bucks in cash and the bookstore takes cards so I think I am just going to start using my card.

But so my schedule . . . First we wake up at 6:25 and we shower. Then we have to be to breakfast by 7:15. Then after that its to the classroom either learning or teaching until about 12. Then we have lunch til about 12:45 then its back to the class doing more stuff till 5. Then dinner till 5:45 then back in class till 9:30. Then we have an hour until we have to go to bed. It's pretty crazy/hectic schedule . . . but it's awesome and I am loving it!

And thats' good that everything is going good back at home. Let everyone know that I love them and they are awesome. I have a ton to do today like laundry and writing 12 people back that have wrote me. It's pretty nice getting letters and having support from so many people.

Um . . . its been going really good with our investigators. It's kinda like we are talking to a brick wall and he is talking to a brick wall, but its ok because we are learning a ton. So last night all the elders in my district came into my room and we started talking about how we know we are out here for a reason and I told them the story that grandpa told us. And I started bawling of course, but they all had a really good experience hearing that story and they all ended up asking me if they could write that in their journal. But, ya, I have had so many spiritual experiences that I never even thought of having since I have been here. The people here are all so amazing!! But here are some pictures like when I saw Briona and then Ryan.

Please let Grandma and Grandpa Balch and Granny Blake and Lil Mick and Lyle and the baby know that I really love them and I will write them back as soon as I can. I don't know what else to tell you other than I am having an amazing time out here and I just can't wait to get my visa and get down to Brasil. I love all you guys so much. You're honestly the best!!!

Love,
Elder Blake

Dylan w/Ryan Turk from Blanding - both going to Sao Paulo Brazil.

Dylan and his companion - I have no idea what these faces are about!

Dylan's district.

3 comments:

  1. I already love missionary mail so much-lol! And leave it up to you to fix all of his typos-sooo funny! K and I thought missionaries were supposed to be cheaper on a mission....but it does not sound like it-ha! What is he buying???? And I love how he is all like "I need that stuff"...that is so Dylan! And I am so glad that he put his schedule because I have so been wondering what their schedule is like. And I love that he has twelve letters to write...the support they get is amazing! He sounds awesome and I LOVE all the pictures, especially the one with Bri and then Ryan also looks so fantasic! Man I miss those kids-ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me so happy and to start bawling every time I see a picture of Dylan and that Giant Smile. Thanks for putting the pictures and the letter on. They made my day. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found yr blog. My son is the red head. Elder Tagg. They look like they are lovin the MTC together. Nathan's blog is www.eldertagg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete