Friday, August 2, 2013

Almost halfway through the MTC!


This is me and Elder Tagg (the funniest dude on this earth). We both traded ties with random people and ended up with new ties and clips.

Well I guess i have a lot to tell you today and these computers don't have like auto correct and stuff, so that's why the grammar and everything is horrible - ha. But anyways, I am so happy that Jordan had a good time on the trek and really felt the spirit. That is amazing to me that he went and actually had a good time. He usually doesn't like going to things like that. I am super proud of him and the testimony that he has. That's crazy that he is going to have boot camp next week. Give him a huge hug and a huge good luck for me. He is going to do awesome and show everyone up like he always does. He is straight up a stud. Then they have their first game in 3 week - that is so crazy. Make sure to keep me updated on how everyone is doing and everything.

I'm happy that Kolar is actually having fun at football camp. He usually doesn't like that. I'm really happy that he is playing because he is a stud and just needs to keep working at it. and I am super glad that the family is doing good.

Today me and Elder Palmer have our first real investigator. I am super nervous because he is from Brazil so he has the native accent and he speaks super fast. So we're definitely going to need the gift of tongues in this lesson.

Since I got here I have read so much of the Book of Mormon. They challenged us to read it before we leave the MTC and I am on like page 247 or something like that. I don't really remember. But it is so good to read it and actually understand what is going on. Because I can now have like a movie in my head when I am reading it. It's crazy how stubborn the Lamonites are. I mean they just love contention more than anything. King Lamoni can just have mercy on them and give them their King back and then like two days later they all of a sudden just want to go and attack the Nephites again. Goodness they're crazy.

But so you probably don't know this, but they changed the size of our mission. You can go look at it online. The Sao Paulo South Mission doesn't have any coast any more. They split it up into three missions. Sao Paulo South, Sap Paulo Interlogos, and Sao Paulo Santos. So our teacher went and let us look at it yesterday and it is now like one of the smallest missions in brasil or anywhere. The land mass is the size of Salt Lake City. We can drive across our mission in about an hour. But in that little area, there are like 10 million people. Crazy, right?

I don't know if you know this either, but you can go onto the Brazil website and see what the status of my visa is. So you should go do that and then Dear Elder me or something so I know.

Um, so Elder Madson is super fun ha ha. Like I didn't even realize it until we went and played basketball and sand volleyball. It's funny. And Elder Tagg is honestly one of the funniest dudes ever. Without him in our district we would all probably be super depressed or something ha ha. The showers here are super nasty. Like they have hair all over in them and they like clog up so when you have to get in the shower you have like nasty water up to your ankles.

The language is coming along and I am learning a ton. But I am doing super good and just can't wait to get down to brasil so that I can learn the real language. Like everyone tells me that the language down there is completely different so the teachers say what we learn here is just getting us ready for what's down there.

So the Elders that go their visas are flying out on Tuesday morning at 6. Ha ha. So you know Sister Barr, like who we were talking to when we were chilling under the tree before I came into the MTC and we were like talking to her dad and mom, too? She is always talking to me and we exchanged emails so we can email in the field. She says that her dad is asking how I am doing and everything. Ha it's super funny.

But I love you guys so much, but I know I can't really say that I miss you too bad because the spirit that I feel is something that I wanna have with me as much as I can and I'm super excited to just keep learning and teach people of the truth. I have so much more to tell you, but ya know I don't have much time.

We got to hear a talk from Elder Holland and it was amazing, but I have no time to tell you about it. I just might have to write you or something. I love you guys. Don't forget to check my visa status and write me a dear elder or something. Tell dad I will try and write him back this week. Tell everyone I love them. You guys are awesome. Chou!

Eu sai que igreja de jesus cristo e verdadiero. (I know that the Church of Jesus Christ is true/real - something like that.)

Com amor (with love)

Elder Blake

Me and Bri at dinner.

Yes, I fixed most of the grammar and spelling mistakes. But, notice Brazil and Brasil. I did not fix those. Brazil is how we spell it in America, but people from that country spell it Brasil. He is definitely starting to learn tons! I can't believe how good he is doing. Unfortunately his visa status just says received. It doesn't even say processing yet. That's a little discouraging, but I know that he will go where he is supposed to go when he is supposed to.

2 comments:

  1. What is the website to check the status of the Visas. Dylan is such a stud and it is so great reading his letters. Brings back lots of good memories of Coreys mission. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey just a gentle reminder. If anyone can find your blog (like I did recently), it may be a good idea to edit stuff that might be taken the wrong way. Some Mom might not be thrilled to hear her son called girly even though your son probably meant it in a joking around kind of way. I've learned the hard way to be more careful about what I just put 'out there' on my public blog.

    LOVE his letters home though. Especially because my Elder son writes very little. Bless them all. It's gotta be so hard living with all different types of people.

    ReplyDelete