Monday, August 26, 2013

Leaving the MTC

Since Dylan flies out bright and early in the morning, today is his last day at the MTC. He, and everyone flying out, was given a P-day today so they could make sure they have everything ready to go. And a P-day means more pictures and an email - yea for me!!!

The boys, just being boys!



I have an amazing story that I want to share with you that happened to me yesterday. So it starts like this . . . So Saturday night I was talking to Sister Shumway and she started talking about things, and it got me thinking about all the bad things that I have done in the past years. Even though I went to the Bishop, talked to him about everything, and repented, I just started doubting. So when I got down and prayed Saturday night, I prayed to Heavenly Father, well I actually kind of tempted him (which isn't a good thing, but felt right at the time). I said, "Heavenly Father. If you accept me being out here and you forgive me for everything that I have done, then I will get an answer to this prayer. And the answer will be that I will talk in Sacrament meeting tomorrow.

So I went to bed and when I woke up in the morning I just had a feeling that I was going to be talking in Sacrament meeting. So I told my roomies that I was gonna be talking in Sacrament, and they were just like whatever. Ha ha. So without knowing for sure if I was talking or not, I went to class Sunday morning and I wrote a talk because I just knew that I was going to be talking. So I get to Sacrament and we take the Sacrament and everything - my name is not on the program. Then Brother Jeffs, who was conducting, got up and announced the rest of the program. So he announces a special musical number and the he says, "President Lisonbee felt it was right to have someone out of District E who is leaving this week to talk. And he has asked me to ask Elder Blake." At that moment, the spirit was so strong and I went up there. I had a talk all prepared in Portuguese and it was just the most amazing thing ever!!!

Then later last night all of the sisters wanted blessings before they left and so Sister Larson and Sister Phillips both wanted me to give them blessings. I told sister Phillips I would, so Sister Larson picked Elder Tagg and Sister Green picked Elder Palmer. But anyways, after the blessings were over we let all of the Sisters take time to bear their testimonies and Sister Phillips says, "Thanks Elder Blake for that blessing!! It was exactly what I needed to hear and I know that that blessing came straight from God because while you were giving the blessing, I felt the spirit so strong."

I love this gospel and I love the decision that I have made to come on a mission. I know that without a doubt in my mind that it is the right thing for me and I know for a fact that I have already been blessed significantly and I am only in the MTC. I'm not even in the field yet and I am already being blessed greatly. I hope that these blessings follow me out into the field - actually I know they will.

Pretty crazy, right? Yea, I know this church is the one and only true church and I know that Jesus is the Christ and I know that he lives. This gospel is amazing and I love it so much. I hope you guys know how much I love and miss you!

Eu Te Amo (I love you),
Elder Blake

Sister Green

Sister Phillips

Sister Larson

SIster Thompson

Irmao James

The MAPPPPPP - I get to point at 2 missions!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I still can't believe he has been out 5 weeks. I am amazed with his story of giving a talk. I don't think I have ever tested the Lord that way - I don't have enough faith to do it. So excited to see where he will be serving in Georgia and he is going to love the southern hospitality there; it really is something you have to experience personally. I can see how much his testimony is growing already and can't even imagine how it will be in 2 years.

    ReplyDelete