Friday, August 30, 2013

MTC Highlight!

If things were as they used to be, we would get an email from Dylan today. But, with him being in the actual mission field and not the MTC, his p-day will now be Monday. I can't wait to get his email!

It was so good to talk to him at the airport. A couple of things that stick out in my mind was he said that nothing bad happens in the MTC. That everyone is there to serve the Lord and everyone is on this spiritual high. And then he said, "Mom, I can't believe how immodest people dress and the language they use. And I'm just at the Salt Lake Airport." It is definitely hard going from a "nearly perfect" environment to the real world!

Then he said that some guy saw his name tag and one of his companions and asked in Portuguese if they spoke Portuguese. He told him they did. And so the guy starts talking to Dylan and his companion in Portuguese. He said, "Mom, I have no idea what he said. That is definitely NOT the language I learned!" It was so funny!! He is used to his instructors talking slowly so he can catch on, and not fast like everyone does. But, I know he will catch on and be fluent in Portuguese before I know it!!!

And since I am missing him today, I created a highlight of his first six weeks. No, I will not do this every month, but I needed a pick me up this week! Enjoy!


1 comment: