Friday, August 16, 2013

Week 4 Email

Thanks for the picture, Linnae!

So as a preface to this email, here is a little of what I sent Dylan in my email yesterday:

I want to see how good you have learned the language, so here goes.

Eu sei que a igreja é verdadeira. Amo o evangelho. Sei que o Presidente Monson é um profeta chamado de Deus. Eu sei que através de ensaios que são todos feitos mais forte e que, se contamos com a nossa fé, podemos obter através de qualquer coisa!

I have no idea if the translator translated this right, but it is supposed to say, "I know the church is true. I love the gospel. I know that President Monson is a prophet called from God. I know that through trials we are all made stronger and that if we rely on our faith, we can get through anything!"

So here is his email.

Ha Ha. First of all I have to say that your Portuguese from the translator is a little off, ha ha. But I know how that is because when I was back home, half of the things I learned on google translator was wrong, ha. But, it's pretty good!! :)

But anyways, this week was amazing/difficult. First of all we had the best Tuesday devotional ever. So we get to the Marriott Center to practice for the choir and the set up for the speaker is like way nice, like it's General Conference or something. So I was like I know that someone cool is going to be here. So the choir director stands up and says that right now will be a good time to put our jackets on. So we get up and get our suit coats on, and then all of the sudden everyone starts standing up and Elder Richard G. Scott walks in!!!

It was an amazing devotional. One of my favorite things I've every heard in my life was said in his talk. He said, "To do things you never thought you could do, you must go places you never thought you could go." Holy cow, is that a great quote or what!?

But anyways, the Portuguese is getting harder and harder the deeper that we get into it. And my brain is getting fuller and fuller and it's starting to pour into the overflow because there is no more room to hold it. But, it's going alright.

Then on Wednesday, we went outside to play 4 squares for gym and I ended up hitting the ball weird and then hitting my other arm with my right hand and my thumb got dislocated, ha ha. I wish I would have had my camera there so I could have taken a picture. But when I got it popped back into place, the palm of my hand was just swollen up all nasty and left a pretty gnarly bruise. I took a picture so that I can send it to you.

One of the guys that got here the week before us, his name was Elder M. Him and his little brother are in the MTC together and they are both the happiest kids ever. But yesterday, the older brother went home and I guess he has been battling depression. I honestly could have never guessed. He was the happiest kid ever. It's super weird seeing people going home. I don't even think about that, ha. If I get down (which may not seem like I do much from my letters, but I'm not always this happy), I look for ways to boost myself up through prayer or just anything.

But anyways (yes, he says this a lot) a week from yesterday, we get our reassignments. Can you believe that!? I'm almost out. I'm super excited. I just can't wait to get out and meet new people.

Kolar and Jordan look like studs (I sent him pictures of their first day of school) as always and tell them that I love and miss them and hope that they're doing good.

Um, I get to go to the temple today and they have the new video. I am so excited! I get to talk to Gramps, ya know! I'm really excited. But life here is good and I really just can't wait to get out in the field. I'll send you some pictures and stuff in a sec. I love all you guys!!

Love Elder Blake

P.S. I swear that during the week I feel like I have so much to tell you, then I get here to email and I don't remember anything, ha. Love you guys and let everyone know I'm doing amazing. I got the package on Wednesday and I got Grandma Blake's on Tuesday. Thanks so much and tell grandma Blake and Grandma Balch thanks so much. Love you guys.

Here is the stupid bruise from my dislocated thumb. (Ouch, that must have hurt!)
 
Ha ha. Elder Way, Elder Rigby and Elder Robinson all put 100 chairs in this room for their senior prank - since they are leaving.
 
Me and Elder Tagg on a rainy day . . . and yes, he had the idea to put my hair up so we could be twins. Pretty sexy, right?
 
Sister Green. The picture I drew looks just like her, don't it?! Ha.

This is the devotional set up.

I adore Fridays! I can't wait to see where he is reassigned and when his next adventure will begin!

3 comments:

  1. I'm loving this post! All I got was two photos! I'm kinda bummed but so glad I get to read what's going on here : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh I miss that kid! He is so awesome though and I LOVE hearing from him! Sounds like he is doing really well and having some great experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dilly Popper, I hope you are having a great time and it sounds like you are. I check to see if your visa is there about 20 times a day. Hopefully you will get it soon but if you don't, you will be an amazing missionary until it does come. Love ya, Uncle Jeffy

    ReplyDelete