Friday, August 23, 2013

Week 5 Email & Reassignment

Has it really been 5 weeks - wow! I look back and sometimes it seems like he left yesterday and other times it seems like he has been gone forever!

This is the District of guys. Yes, Elder Palmer
is just being himself and untying my shoes. Ha.


Dear Momma and family:

I didn't get my reassignment last night, but we for sure get them today, so I will email you when I get them.

So I FINISHED THE BOOK OF MORMON!!!!!!!!!! To be honest, this is the first time I have ever finished it on my own and I did it in 5 weeks!! It means like so dang much!! Like once I got into Ether, it was just like I couldn't stop reading.

So the scriptures for the week is Ether 12:20-22. But first, in chapter 3 of Ether, when it is talking about the Brother of Jared and how he had so much faith that when he got done building the barges and there was no light in them, he just was so faithful. He went and prayed and got some rocks and said, "God, I know that you can do this," and then in verse 19 is says, "for he knew that it was the finger of the Lord; and he had faith no longer, for he knew, nothing doubting." And I was really confused. It says that he has faith no longer.

Then I get to Ether 12:20-22 and it says that he had such great FAITH that the Lord himself couldn't even hide himself from him because his faith was so strong that it dimmed the veil. Then I went back to Chapter 3 and I was like - oh, I got it! He didn't need faith anymore because HE KNEW that god exists. He knew it!!! And I know it, too. I'm not like the Brother of Jared and get to see, but I do have FAITH.

And faith is things which are hoped for and not seen. The coolest thing is in Portuguese, HOPE translates into EXPECT. So in that scripture, it says faith is things which are expected!! And it totally is!! I love this gospel!! Dang, I'm excited to get out and teach the word of God!! Oh, yea, and we had the Sunday devotional by Vai Sikahema. Go look him up. He's a beast (which in Dylan language means he's awesome)!

But anyways, this week has been good! I'm learning and getting right along. This language is rough and it's gonna stink to have to go out and teach in English when I have learned everything in Portuguese. And then I'm not gonna have people to practice the language with me or anything. So please pray for my visa. I really need it. Everyone is getting them that went through LA except for me and it's frustrating as heck.

But everything is good and I am super excited to get my reassignment and to get out of here. I'm getting sick of the routine and I am getting sick of the cafeteria food. It's starting to give me stomach aches and everything. Like, I don't think I can take it much longer so it's good that I get to leave soon. Except there was a kid in the district that left last week to his reassignment and he had to fly by himself. I so hope that's not me. Ha ha. That would be scary!!

But thanks all of you for everything and I will email you tonight and let you know where I am going. Tell Jordan he is a stud. I'm pretty depressed that I don't get to be there for football and stuff. Thinking about that makes me miss school super bad!! But, anyways, I don't know what else to say other than tell everyone thanks for everything! Let everyone know that I love them. I gotta start packing and stuff. Love you!

Love,
Elder Blake

Me and Sister Barr (we met her and her family at the Provo temple before we went to the MTC) and our companions. She is one of the lucky ones and got her visa yesterday.
 
The district - we decided to all match!

Coolest picture you will ever see in your life!

Another one going straight up Matrix. I miss Elder Way, ha.

Elder Tagg

Ha ha. Elder Way and Elder Rigby the night before they left.

Ha ha. We were trying to pose like the Stripling Warriors on our t-shirts.
 
 
 
So I go back to work from lunch and I have several emails. I am so excited, I can't wait to find out where he is going. Here are his emails.
 
Mom . . .
 
 
 
New email:
 
Are you there . . .
 
 
 
New email:
 
I got my reassignment . . .
 
 
 
New email:
 
Answer and I'll tell you . . .  (Like I can answer him. Silly kid!)
 
 
 
New email:
 
I am going to . . .
 
 
 
New email:
 
Atlanta Georgia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Leave Tuesday at 2:30 am
Fly out of Salt Lake at 6:25 am
Arrive at Dallas, Texas at 10:05 am
Fly out of Dallas at 12:00 pm
Arrive at Atlanta at 3:10
 
Elder Stevens lives there and told me that it is the rainy season there and it like rains every day and it does in Sao Paulo too. Ha ha. And I have no rain gear at all. I'm so stoked!! I'm going to the South!! I'm going to the heart of the South. I'm so excited!! Pretty nervous, though, but I'm excited!!
 
The crazy thing is there have been four people in these two districts that got their call to Farmington, New Mexico. So I am happy I didn't go there, ha ha. Me and Kennedy are both going to Atlanta and we are on the same flight, and my companion, Elder Palmer, is going to the same place too, but he is on a different flight!
 
I think we are going to pack now. It's our P-day and we are supposed to pack. I love you all!


1 comment:

  1. Clint says he has a contact for him in Atlanta-ha. So exciting that you will get to talk to him in a few days. Yeah!

    ReplyDelete