Saturday, August 3, 2013

Letter to Granny - Awesome Experience

On Friday after I received Dylan's first email, I received this one too. It seriously made me cry (but most of his letters and pictures do). I am so glad that he is having all of these spiritual experiences and feeling the spirit so strong.

This is a story that I sent grandma and I forgot to tell you about it. I want to share it with you guys too. It's honestly one of the most amazing experiences of my life. Love you guys.

GRANNY!!!! How's everything down in big ol Blanding? I love hearing from you. It's super awesome!! I am doing amazing and I'm so happy that you remember me in my prayers, because I definitely feel the love from not only you, but from grandpa too. I know he is with me, like all of the time. Since the time I arrived at the MTC, he hasn't left me. It's crazy the spirit I have felt since I got here. I have never felt the spirit so strong in my life.

I know he is here too because we finally got real investigators and me and my companion just got stuck. And our investigator (Haiane) only speaks Portuguese and all of the sudden we just got stuck and had no clue what to say. So I just started bearing my testimony in Portuguese and I really have no clue what I was saying, but the spirit was super strong and me and my investigator with tears in our eyes just had our own little conversation. I didn't know what she was saying, but I know that grandpa did and he was telling me exactly what to say back. I couldn't believe that happened.

Right after we finished the lesson, she prayed for us and the spirit was super, super strong and it was a super, super good prayer. We had just barely told her how to pray that day and she did an amazing job. Then, later that night I got back to my room and I had a letter from Jordan and I bawled the whole way through the letter. Jordan is my best friend and his letter was so powerful to me and such a blessing.

Then I had one of my roommates take me outside and he told me a story, kind of like my story - where he just knew that something was going to happen. He told me not to share it with no one else because I'm the only person that he has ever told, but I wrote it down in my journal and I will always remember it - but it was exactly what I needed to hear.

Love ya granny and I remember you in my prayers.

Love,
Elder Blake

1 comment:

  1. I love this blog! I love hearing what Dylan has to share. It's so great the growth he is making and the good he is doing. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete