Friday, August 9, 2013

Week 3 Email

B-town Gang!

Dear Family:

I love it here. The spirit is unreal! But anyways, I am so sad about Chappy. That had to have been the worst letter that I have ever received. Chappy is like my favoritest dude ever. I just started bawling when I read that. That is so crazy. Me and my whole district have prayed for him since I got that letter. My district is amazing! I just have to ask them to do something and they are more than willing!!

I showed them all of dad's woodburnings and stuff on my camera and they think that he has some amazing talent and I told them, yea he does. But I also told them that we are struggling as a family with me out here on my mission because you guys have to pay a lot and dad got laid off. They said, "Don't worry Elder Blake. We will pray for your family and for your dad and he will get a job." My district is like the best ever.

We have a sister that just dislocated her shoulder while she was in the shower and so she ended up having to go to the doctor and she now has to be sent home to get surgery. And then while checking her for her shoulder they also found that she has scar tissue in both of her ears so she has to get hearing aids too. It's so sad, but when she found out 2 days ago, she asked me to give her a blessing. It's so amazing, the power of the priesthood and the way the spirit works. I have never gave a blessing before, but when I started, words just started to flow out of my mouth like I just had no control over what I was saying.

I love this gospel. It is so amazing!! I have been reading like crazy and am now on page 325 and this book is definitely my favorite!! It's the best ever. I love it so much!!

So I have seen Simone and talked to her alot and it's awesome being able to talk to someone from Blanding. Especially Simone. She is always so happy, ha ha. I just love it.

The language is a work in progress, but it is coming. It's so weird because this language is so confusing. So like for every word, there is like 10 words because there is a masculine and feminine and then there is like imperfect and prederit and all this crap so you can say a word one way in a sentence, but then in the next sentence it's completely different word but it means the same thing. Ha ha. It's so hard, but I love it and I love the challenge.

I'm super excited that Jordan loved boot camp. It seems like just yesterday I was preparing to go to boot camp. Tell him to just live it up and to work his butt off because time flies. It seems like just yesterday I was a freshman. It's super weird ha ha. But, I wouldn't trade where I am right now for anything in this world. I love my mission and it hasn't even started yet.

Holy cow, time has flown by here. Days feel like weeks, and weeks feel like days. It's super weird, but it is super true. And I am not even worrying about my visa. I put that completely in the Lord's hands. I will go where ever he puts me and I will do it with a huge smile on my face and a heart ready to convert the world.

That's awesome that Kolar signed up for football. Tell him to get out there and tear it up for me. I can't wait to see baby Porter. I can't stop thinking about Maquel and how she is doing. How is she doing? I hope she is doing good because I know that she will be an amazing mom, and ya know I'll be the most amazing uncle, ha ha. It just makes me happy to think that there is going to be a new baby in the family. I can't wait to see the little stud.

We got the chance to see Jenny Oaks Baker (Elder Dallin H. Oaks' daughter). She is one of the most advanced violin players in the world!! She was amazing. She talked and played a lot of songs and she is so great. Then she has a daughter that plays the violin that is 12, a daughter that plays the piano that is 10, and another daughter that plays the Cello that is 8 - and they are all on high school levels! I can't remember exactly how old they are, but those were just my guessed. I guess that you could look them up. Then they have a little tiny son that plays the guitar. And they all played together and it was so cute. Ha ha.

All that food that you sent me was amazing and tell everyone thanks. I always think of stuff I need during the week, but then when I email you, I always forget, ha. Keep me updated on all the sports and everything. I love hearing about that. I can't believe that the Bulls traded Nate Robinson. Who did we get for him?

But anyways, I love you guys and think about you guys everyday. Don't worry about me because I am doing amazing and I am loving life. If you come upon a really cool Brazil shirt or anything you can send that to me because I am in need of one, ha ha. The one I'm wearing with Elder Way is his and I totally jacked it from him, ha ha.

I don't know what else to talk about. This week has been great, and I really love receiving a letter from you every day, momma. It's awesome getting to hear from you every day. Love you guys! I pray for you guys every day!! I pray for each of you individually and hope you guys are doing amazing!!

LOVE YOU GUYS,
Love,
Elder Blake

The elders in the district.
 
The district.
 
Ha ha. Elder Tagg. He is such a clown. I love this kid -
and yea, I know I'm a great photographer.
MOM, you should be proud, ha.
 
The district before Elder Ence and Huch left.
 
Elder Ence.
 
Elder Huch before he left to Brazil. The lucky kid got his visa.
 
 Me and my buddy, Elder Way.
He was supposed to head out, but he ended up not getting his visa.
 
Elder Moeler before he headed out to Portugal.
 
Me and Devin before going to choir over at the Marriott Center. 
 
Me and Mason. He felt dumb because he didn't have a jacket on.
 
 My pen blew up everywhere, ha ha.
 
 Me and Simone.
 
First hair cut. So dang short :/. I didn't get a chance to say anything, they just buzzed it all off :( ha ha. Oh, well. I have no one to impress here.
 
So short, ha. 

4 comments:

  1. I love hearing from our missionaries. It makes my day. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell you how happy it makes me to see that jumping photo of my son (Elder Tagg). I wish he wrote long letters like your son!! He's not much into it yet. Is your son going to Sao Paulo South?
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he is going to Sao Paulo South. He absolutely adores Elder Tagg. So glad they have each other, and hopefully they will run into each other down in Brazil.

      Delete