Sunday, August 18, 2013

Week 4 - Part 2

If you haven't read the previous post, you will probably want to go down and read that post first. This is sort of a continuation of that one. So Dylan's email today was awesome and he is doing great. But, I checked my email again tonight, and I had another email - and of course I'm crying reading it. He is growing and learning so much!

I definitely forgot to tell you this. When Elder Scott was walking out of the Marriott Center, he looked up at the crowd, cupped his hands over his mouth, and shouted, "BE GOOD." ha ha. It was super funny. That man is amazing and he shared an experience with us. He said that before he came and talked he just had a really strong impression that his wife (who died 18 years ago) was going to be there with him. And at the end of his talk he said, "I know that she was here with me." I know how he feels because I have felt Grandpa in my life so many times since I have been out here. It is truly amazing how the spirit works and how you know that it is just there.

There has been a scripture stuck in my mind all week long and I have really been pondering it. It is I 1 Nephi 4:6 and it reads, "And I was led by the Spirit, not knowing beforehand  the things which I should do." That really has stuck out to me. The Lord will lead us in the ways that he wants us to go.

In the MTC so far the main focus has been "TEACH  PEOPLE, NOT LESSONS." That is so true because if I just went into someone's house and am just teaching them the doctrine straight out of the book and I'm not teaching them to their needs, then do you think that they are going to feel the spirit? No . . . The only way to convert someone is through the spirit. You hear all of the time how there are people that are getting converted because of their love for the missionary and then he leaves the area and gets transferred and then what happens? They fall away from the church. You have to convert people to God, not to yourself. They truly need to have that love and testimony of O Pai Celestial e Sua filho Jesus Cristo (Heavenly Father and his son, Jesus Christ). That is crucial to the conversion to your investigators.

So there has also been another scripture stuck in my head and I have been looking for it all day and I can't find it. It's in the O Livro de Mormon (The Book of Mormon). It talks about how "just men" went out and they did many "just things," but they had a huge impact on people. You don't have to be a superstar to have an impact on people. You just need to get out and make yourself known and have the spirit with you as you do it. Things aren't always going to go the way that we want them to, but you just gotta keep your head up and remember like it says in Alma 24:14, that he has a plan for us and he has made things known unto us beforehand. And if we remember these things and we go on with life with the light of Cristo with us then we will be saved and we will have nothing to worry about.

I am so thankful for the Atonement . .  just imagine our lives without it. Just think of what Jesus went through for us. He has felt our pain and our sufferings. I was struggling really bad with the language just yesterday and Elder Tagg told me "Just think, Elder Blake. God has felt everything we have felt. He went through the trials of learning the Portuguese language just as we are right now."

And that's when I thought to myself. Everything he has ever done . . . EVER . . . has been for us. I can't sit here and complain because I don't think that the language is coming fast enough because that would be completely selfish of me. I would be so ungrateful if I did that. Is what I can do though is every night that I get down on my knees and pray, I can thank him for all that he has done for me. And I can also thank Him for the progress that I have made thus far.

I know for a fact that "MY REDEEMER LIVES." I know for a fact that he did everything he did for US. I know for a fact that if we do all that we can in this life, the next life is going to completely be worth the trials that we went through here. And if you ever get down and think, "Why me?" I think the better question to ask is, "Why not me?" And then you can look back and see all that he did for you and say, you know what - He did all of that for me, so if he wants me to go through this trial so I can show him the love I have for him, then BRING IT ON. Because I know that He lives and that He loves each and everyone of us.

I love all of you guys and really miss all of you and can't wait to see you again. But, ya know, He did all He did for us, so I think that I can do these 2 small years for HIM!! I love all of you guys and hope that you have and awesome week. Let me just leave you with this, Ether 12:27, "And if men come unto me, I will show them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." That is honestly a favorite!! We all need to remember the role that God plays in our lives and remember all that He went through to get us where we are today!!

I love all of you guys and miss you. And I tell you what, I sure do miss them Blue Mountains. Jordan, you really need to get your Hunter's Safety so when I get home we can go hunting!! I pray for you guys everyday and I hope all is well. Let Maquel know that I pray for her and lil baby Porter every single day at least 10 times. And keep her updated. Tell her and Lyle that I love and miss them!

MOM . . . You are straight up the Greatest. I have gotten a letter from you every single day since I have been in the MTC. Now that is a faithful momma. You are honestly the best ever and I don't know what I would do without you. Thanks so much for everything - the packages and the letters and the money and the love and just everything that you do for me. It means so must to me. I miss you so much!! Keep the love coming my way. I really appreciate it. And if you can, you should really get me a Brazil shirt. I really WANT/NEED one, ha ha. Just make sure you pick out a good one, if you decide that I deserve one. Ha ha. And if not, it's completely cool, too. LOVE YOU SO MUCH!! YOU ARE THE GREATEST MOMMA EVER!! KEEP IT UP AND REMEMBER HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU!!

Love,
Elder Blake

P.S. Dad. Thank you for writing me all of the time too!! I miss you and really wish that we could have gone golfing and had that father-son time before I left. But when I get home, we're just gonna have to go golfing all the time. Because you're just gonna be an old man anyways and not even have anything else to do but go golfing, huh? Ha ha. You had better get practicing because when I get home, I'm gonna have the Lord on my side and the spirit is just going to lead that ball into the hole every time. Ha ha. I'm just playing with you, Dad. I miss us joking around with each other all the time. Ha ha. We had some good times. I LOVE YOU DAD! How are the Cowboys doing? Keep me updated on all the sports and everything. I know you're a sports fanatic so make sure to keep me updated!! I pray for you every day and I know without a doubt in my mind that you can keep that promise you left me with. You are the strongest man I know and even though we have had our rough times, I love ya to death. I pray that you can find a job also. I know you can!! Love ya!!

P.S.S. Yo, Jordan. You are a stud man and thank you for writing me!! I freakin miss you, bud!! I talk to all of these Elders about you and tell them what a man you are. You truly mean a TON to me, dude, and you have shown me time and time again what a strong kid you are. Remember what's right man and GO HARD in high school and show everyone what's up . . . Alright? But don't do nothing too stupid. I love you, man and you definitely are my best friend. I think about you all the time and hope you are doing alright. Go out there and work your butt off in football so that you can get that ring that I never got, alright? If anyone deserves one, it's you. I LOVE YOU BRO!!

P.S.S.S. This is for Kolar. Keep studying in school, buddy and get good grades, alright? And when it comes time to get out there and play football, listen to what dad and Jordan and your coaches say because they know. Stay cute buddy, and remember how much I love you. You are the best buddy!! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

1 comment:

  1. Every time I read one of his e-mails I can see how much he has grown. And I also can't read one of them without some tears. Tears of joy and gratitude for the great missionary he is.

    ReplyDelete